Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rummage day!

Ever have one of those days where all your secret stash n stow boxes, tins and bags in my case, are luring and calling out "Hey remember me!"  Of course I can never remember what goodies I have stowed away in them and I can't resist rummaging through them for reminders! Hours are piddle away with gasps of  'Ohhhh lookie what I found!'  Christmas came early! Well, today was one of those days for me...and lookie what I found!




I have no clue where or when I picked up this little charm, it has a civil war scene on the front and back and it's very hard to photograph! It shines and reflects the light, might help if I would get myself a light box...and new camera!



I do remember this little box! It belonged to my Grandmother (Granny). It has all the pins in it, white and black heads...









The Lady Dixie! Made in Germany! this brought back such wonderful memories of 'Granny'  and all the dresses she sewed for me by hand and on a foot pedal sewing machine something like this..


http://images.craigslist.org/3k03o53pb5V65Z55S3a8ga8f6d97e5fd7130d.jpg

Do your sewing and exercise all at the same time! She never used a pattern for the dresses, just seemed to know how to cut them out and sew...It was a well spent day of wonderful memories and reminders!

No comments:

Post a Comment